a few seconds ago
Another trip to the zoo. This time I brought some friends and shot loads of video material.
1. Pygmy Marmoset, the smallest monkey in the world, eating the half of a grape.
2. Southern three-banded armadillo, it seems slightly stressed, scurrying from one side to the other. But it is very small and so cute!
3. Two-toed sloth, actually moving! It's super rare to see it move, normally it's sleeping, so, lucky us to witness this rare occasion.
4. Meerkat on the watch. There is always one of the very social clan, watching for any sign of danger, whilst the others are looking for food.
5. Baby Zebras.
6. Baby chicken hunting a fly, which, unfortunately happens to be on the other side of the window.
7. Guinea pig pups. They also appear to be utterly social and forming herds. Newborns are immediately mobile.
8. Eurasian harvest mouse, cleaning routine. They weave nests for breeding from grass, well above the ground.
9. A Leopard, who's body language is very similar to my cat at home.
10. A female lion, breaking the bone open after the meal for the very rich medulla inside.
#biology #excursion #zoo #zoology #monkey #armadillo #sloth #meerkat #zebra #chicken #guineapig #mouse #leopard #lion #animals #education #wildlife #preservation #learning #teaching #scout #ineednature